Thursday, April 19, 2012

Two More Weeks!

I can't believe we will be leaving in just 2 weeks. I haven't even packed yet :) I have started to accumulate snacks tho...hmm... But I'm waiting until the last minute to have my car serviced since our itinerary is over 5,000 miles. And cleaned. I'm sure Dave will appreciate a freshly shampooed seat plus that New Car Smell. I just hope they can find and vacuum up all the food tidbits from years of eating in my car, I'm sure I have at least a small order of fries under my seats. Not to mention I recently attempted to eat Taco Bell while on a run to the bank. I would file that under Bad Ideas. Now that I think about it, it might be a tad embarrassing to take my car in. I might need to pre-clean like I used to do before the maid would come.

We have also had to change our heading from 14 States to 12 States. We just did not have the time to go as far as we would have liked to. And tho Dave is already talking about Road Trip, Part Deux, I'm waiting for the reviews to be in on The Original Road Trip before committing, or being committed, whatever the head-case may be.

I have also made a new travel friend. Check out their site, http://lifechangingyear.com/ to see their year-long, round-the-world adventure! If only I was that adventurous...or could figure out how to be out of work that long and still eat!

Speaking of that, maybe we should take donations to pay to for this little adventure of ours. Give until it hurts, folks. It's all for a VERY good cause and we'll even throw in a beautiful, hand-selected trip souvenir. Choose from:  Something Probably Stolen from a Truck Stop or Delightful Pre-Moistened, Lemon-Scented Towelettes or perhaps even a Personal-size Jam or Jelly (variety of flavors available but you will probably get strawberry). Limited Time Offer, while supplies last, we can't be held responsible for anything, yadda, yadda....Cash Only, Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment