Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 9: Anacortes, WA

Not much to write about this day, unfortunately. Took a whale watching cruise out of Anacortes, about 90 minutes north of Seattle (http://www.island-adventures.com/). It was a perfect day for a boat ride, at least. We saw a couple fins and some other wildlife but other than that, it was 5 hours of water and scenic mountains. Even though it was gorgeous outside, it did get a bit nippy out on the water!

I was kinda cracking myself up - they would see something and I would think “Where???” Once in awhile I would catch it, but too late for photos. I was planning on getting my eyes checked once we got home anyway, but then the guide got all excited about actually HEARING the minka whale. Now, I have to get my ears checked, too, because there was no way over the boat and people and water noises, I could hear a whale that appeared to me to be about a mile away.

After we drove back, I went to Ruth’s Chris Steak House (my favorite!!!) http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/4094/Seattle and Dave went to a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment