Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Road Trip, Part 2, Day 15, Friday - Mount St. Helens

Ah, to sleep in! I will have to admit - 17 days is a tad too long for this girl. I was starting to poop out. Luckily, we had not committed ourselves to much of anything in Oregon. We lazed around a bit - nearly missing breakfast! Had a fast internet connection at long last so was able to post some things in the a.m. Then, we headed North to Mount St. Helens. Yes, indeedy, folks - there was still snow! And I wasn’t wearing any socks. But at least I wasn’t in flip-flops. The visibility could have been a tad bit better, but it was still amazing. As was our usual, we stopped very late in the day for ‘lunch’ at a place called Patty’s where hummingbirds flitted about the feeder hung on the deck. We drove back into Portland and I found the Green Dragon-home of Rogue beer tho they had about 50 taps of all different kinds. We also made a brief pitstop at Kir, because it was written up somewhere tho I don’t know why. It was tiny and crowded but fortunately connected to another Brew Pub! I even talked Dave into splitting a sampler - I thought there were 6 since there were 6 spots on the sample paddle, but there were actually TEN. All yummy except for the hot pepper beer...  that will always be one I leave behind (or make Charles drink!)













No comments:

Post a Comment